Friday, March 19, 2010

Firepit Talk

Last night after supper we had a fire in the fire pit. I was busy cleaning (suppose to have been just helping) Sara clean her room. After figuring out that she wasn't coming back to help...I decided to join in on the fire. We made smores and talked about Sara leaving on Monday to Florida (she is going with Grandma and Pop, Indigo, Nicole, and Canden). She is so excited and talks about it every second of the day.

Blake reminded us of the time we were at Bay Beach and he had a fly buzz into his mouth. He reinacted the whole scene--describing every detail of how he got it out of his mouth. It got funnier and funnier as he explained the gross details. He is such a good story teller.

Sara has been homeschooled for about a month now and is enjoying it. She is finally getting the hang of keeping herself organized and on task. She loves to change things up. It has been in the high 60's this past week (not today though) and pretty bright and sunny. She decided to take advantage and wrote all of her spelling words in chalk on the driveway. It makes me wonder what she is going to grow up to "BE". It will sure be interesting, she has to always use each of her senses when learning something new. She loves to touch, feel, taste, see, and hear EVERYTHING. She loves new experiences and thrives on change.

With all of this nice weather we have had, Sara and I have taken a walk just about every day. We have gone different places (she likes change) and each walk being about 4-6 miles. We are hoping to go on a cruise or a beachy vacation next year and I have to shed a few pounds first...

Speaking of food...

I meant to post for St. Patrick's Day but I forgot -- this being a new blog and all. We had a tasteful supper of reuben sandwiches, green beans, green milk and to top it all off Green Pistachio Tort. YUMMM. The kids even ate half of a reuben sandwich and liked it. They are really not that fussy of eaters, sometimes I get frustrated.

Tonight we are having left over chilli for dinner. The freezer has been getting emptied little by little. The things we have completely run out of are: strawberry jam (I had to take some from my mom last week); frozen strawberries and blueberries; frozen corn. I didn't do any canning or freezing last summer so I will have to be sure to do it this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment